Thursday, June 13, 2013

Semoventi M40 / M41 75/18 Regio Esercito

Italian story Part I & II

Hey guys


I mostly make aircraft kits in 1/48 and I'm a newbie in armor but lately I've been reading a lot about Italian WWII armor and decided to make a series of a few tanks.. 
Since I was posting some armor posts on my military aviation blog and that is kinda weird I decided to make a new blog dedicated to armor.

First in line is this couple of Semoventi. The M40 75/18 by Italeri and M41 by Tamyia. Both kits have flaws so I corrected quite a lot of them but of course not all. 

Italeri is nicer IMHO but I replaced the rubber tracks with Tamiya ones, did quite a lot on interior and trimmed the mud guards to make it like M40 - M40's were based on M13/40, M41 is based on M14/41 chassis.
Tamiya has some nicer details but the biggest problems is that the undercarriage and wheels are static. I made those movable cause I replaced the tracks with Friulmodel ones so it would be silly not to do it. Also I replaced the gun with excellent RB models 75mm L18 barrel.

OK I'm done explaining, here are the pics. Thanks for watching and please feel free to comment.

Semovente da 75/18 scafo M41 






Semovente da 75/18 scafo M40





M40 & M41







For all the references I used an awesome Polish publication Militaria #365 Semovente da 75/18




No comments:

Post a Comment